If you are running an PTV xServer API Version 2 in your own on-premise environment and you want to calculate German toll prices for a reference date after 30.11.2023 in combination with the map PTV Europe City Map Premium 2023.2H or PTV World City Map Premium 2023.2H then read this article thoroughly in order to determine if you need to update your PTV xServer API Version 2 environment.
Recently PTV Logistics has released the newest toll data for Germany on PTV Developer for Predicting new toll prices for Germany.
If you want to support the new Germany toll data also in your PTV xServer2 on-premise environment to the full extent, it might be necessary to make an update of your environment until October 5th 2023 at the latest, because then we will publish the new Germany toll data valid from 01.12.2023 for automatic update.
Why might this update be needed?
- Due to the new parameter co2EmissionClassEU which is relevant for a correct toll price calculation according to the new toll reform in Germany which gets in effect on the 01.12.2023 an incompatible extension of the toll data was needed.
What do I need to do, if I don’t use map version PTV World/Europe City Map Premium 2023.2H?
- If you are using a map different to PTV World/Europe City Map Premium 2023.2H (e.g. 2022.2H) you do not need to do anything. This only effects maps of version 2023.2H.
What do I need to do, if I don’t use any toll feature at all?
- If you don’t use any toll feature at all you have to do nothing. This only affects features using detailed toll data.
What do I have to do, if I already use the newest xServer V2.30?
- If you already have installed the newest PTV xServer Version 2.30 (or higher) you need to do nothing. Everything will work smoothly. If you have subscribed to get the newest toll data via contentupdateservice all toll features will work as described in the PTV Developer Blog Post “Predicting new toll prices for Germany” even with your PTV xServer 2.
What do I have to do, if I use an PTV xServer < V2.30?
- If you are running an PTV xServer older 2.30 but you haven’t subscribed to get the newest toll updates via contentupdateservice then you don’t have to do anything neither.
- BUT: Only if you are running an PTV xServer older 2.30 and you are using the map PTV World/Europe City Map Premium 2023.2H and you have subscribed to get the newest detailed toll updates via contentupdateservice then you will get toll data in Germany which cannot be interpreted correctly by your PTV xServer. In this case you will get a wrong toll price of 0€ for German toll roads (after the planned Germany toll data update at October 5th) when entering a referenceTime later then 30.11.2023.
What can I do to fix this problem?
In this case you have to update the propertyConnectorVxxx.xml file. To do so you have 3 possibilities.
- download the new propertyConnectorV024.zip unpack it and copy the propertyConnectorV024.xml in the map-root folder of your PTV xServer 2 installations (parallel to the already existing propertyConnectorVxxx.xml file with a Version xxx < 024). Then restart your PTV xServer. Now the new toll data should be correctly interpreted even for a toll referenceTime later than the 30.11.2023.
- Or: install the newest PTV xServer 2.30 (or higher) in your environment. This will update to propertyConnectorV024 automatically with the installation of the new xServer.
- Or: Wait until the new map version PTV World/Europe City Map Premium 2024_1H which is expected to be released in the end of October/beginning of November and then install the new map which will update to propertyConnectorV24 and thus fix the problem, too.
Please be aware that in case you run a complete PTV xServer 2 cluster all PTV xServer 2 nodes have to get this updated propertyConnectorV24.
If you have questions or if you are unsure what to do, please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org